Sunday, March 29, 2020

Suspicious world

China was struggling with corona just a month ago. Now it is opening up the city of Wuhan. Wow, what gives the confidence to China for such a bold move? Has it learnt to tame the wildfire? Did it find a way to cure the patients? How come there is no spread in Shanghai or Beijing when rest of the world is in the middle of a storm? Rest of the World is watching China suspiciously.

What is happening in the stock market? Last week’s relief rally is real? Or is it a bull trap? Investors all over the world are watching equity markets suspiciously.

India has announced lots of measures and freebies to the poor. But the migrant poor are leaving the cities to their rural natives in whatever vehicle they could find. If they aren’t lucky, they have resumed the hundred miles walk in desperation. They are suspicious of what Govt can do for them.

My friends from my native place are posting on Facebook asking people from Bangalore not to return to native. They are suspicious that these people would bring the deadly virus along with them. Sons of the soil aren’t welcome in their homeland.

I go for walk just around my house. Though hardly people are there, the one or two I encounter have suspicious look on their faces. Maybe for right reason.

There is dust in the air. I sneeze. I suspect myself if I have become a fresh victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment